This information is incomplete. Please check back frequently for updates.
We’ll arrive in Dublin on a weekend, so you will have time to explore the city and familiarize yourself with public transportation and surroundings. The “work” portion of our trip officially kicks off on Sunday night with a welcome dinner. You will be expected to work full-time on projects in the days that follow with group activities, seminars and breaks for exploring and interviewing built into the daily schedule.
- Research, produce, conduct interviews, record video, audio and photographs in and around Dublin, Galway and surrounding communities.
- Write and edit stories for competitive peer review and publishing in an iBook format for distribution on iTunes.
- Tour RTÉ Ireland’s National Television and Radio Broadcasting stations. Meet with members of the Editorial Board and discuss Independent Productions.
- Participate in a half-day Irish language presentation and workshop with Aoife Crawford, Irish Language Officer, Trinity College Europe on Air Programme 12 interview with Aoife Crawford on Irish language and folklore.
- Meet with Stuart Dwyer, Chargé d’affaires, Embassy of the United States Dublin.
- Travel to Inis Mor, one of the Aran Islands to interact with native Gaelic speakers.
- Meet pilots and staff of the Galway Flying Club. Pending segment with local media and/or RTE Nationwide.
- Independent sightseeing of Doolin, Aran Islands, the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Galway Bay.
- Additional activities TBA.